Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My home. My habitat.

SHARE
I was never a home bird. I loved being outdoors, free and boundless. Being home was claustrophobic and my nomadic career never made it any better.

And then a miracle happened. After a series of life changing decisions (Finding my man, leaving my job and getting hitched), I moved into my all time favorite city - Chennai. In no time, I was setting up a home for the first time. My own space, my habitat, an ecosystem I created for myself. It was love at first sight.

Time was in plenty. And then I let go. Splashes of color everywhere, paintings and DIY arts filled every wall. The beautiful morning rays entered my living room leaving the lovely green patch on my balcony glistening in the sun. It looked divine. That very moment, I realized I had truly created my space called home.


 Clocks were born from cardboard (mechanism and design by the talented husband), DIY wall arts from tissue and plywood, a feng shui compliant table top water fountain, a center piece for the teapoy, re-used plastic bottles to create lampshades, re purposed fancy glass bottles to hold money plants, the list is endless. Soon my home transformed, from the dull grey 10 year old apartment to a colorful studio like home which held my signature on every wall.


And the guess what came as a reward? A full page write up on 'Vanitha Veedu', a popular lifestyle magazine published by Malayala Manorama. I really owe this journalist big time for all the show off!

The winning moment. One down my bucket list. Happiness galore!














No comments: